CALL FOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS
The World Federation for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (WFTOD) and EUROPAD will select up to 12 oral presentations to be presented during the next American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (AATOD) congress (Baltimore, Maryland, USA, October 29-November 2, 2016).
Based on your interest and research activity in the field of heroin addiction, on behalf of WFTOD and EUROPAD, we would like to extend a cordial invitation for you to submit an oral presentation concerning the bio-psycho-social aspects of heroin addiction.
Selected oral presentations will be published as short communication in Heroin Addiction and Related Clinical Problems.
Deadline for submission is May 31, 2016
Oral presentations are welcome, which are not under consideration for publication elsewhere, and adhere to following requirements:
- Must provide with evidence from clinical populations of heroin addicts.
- Data shall be presented in the form of a statistical elaboration.
- Works may consist in a variety of models, including epidemiological studies, observational studies, research designs.
- Data of interest include social, environmental and demographic features, genetic profiling, direct behavioural measurements, personality features, neurophysiologic measurements, endocrine parameters, brain imaging, pharmacological trails
- Oral presentations should include the statement that all ethical requirements (e.g. informed consent) have been fulfilled in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki.
Please submit an abstract of your possible oral presentation using a file in word format to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A special committee will select abstracts and check the pertinence of submitted abstracts to the focus of interest along the above criteria. Authors of selected abstracts will be invited to provide an oral presentation of their work to be presented during the next WFTOD FORUM during the next AATOD congress (Baltimore, Maryland, USA, October 29 – November 2, 2016).
Unfortunately WFTOD-EUROPAD cannot support financially your participation to the conference. We are trying to collect sponsorships. If sponsored, we will divide funds between presenters.
Please note that submission of the abstract does not constitute acceptance for presentation.
Icro Maremmani, MD
Qualified Full Professor of Psychiatry
Professor of Addiction Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy, EU
World Federation for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence - WFTOD
NGO with Special Consultative Status with United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) - New York, NY, USA
email@example.com - www.wftod.org
European Opiate Addiction Treatment Association - EUROPAD
firstname.lastname@example.org - www.europad.org