1. Drink your optimum amount of water per day.
2. Eat protein with every meal.
3. Eat 2 healthy snacks each day.
4. Start to exercise, even if just for 5-10 minutes a day.
5. Talk in positive ways about what you want (not what you don't want!)
6. Chew your food well, as digestion begins in the mouth.
7. Eat when you are in a relaxed state, not on the go.
8. Prepare meals in advance for the busy week ahead.
9. When you have a good day reward yourself with something other than food.
10. When you have a stressful day go for a run or a bike ride to shake off
that negative energy.
11. Get to bed a little earlier, and have the amount of rest you need.
12. Check your portion control, and avoid going back for a second helping.
13. Make sure you have a mix of colourful vegetables taking up half
14. Protein should take up a quarter of your plate, e.g. Fish, meat, tofu.
15. Carbohydrate, if you have it, should be only a quarter of your plate.
16. Get support when making changes, and make yourself accountable.
17. Keep a small note book with you to log what you eat and drink each day.
18. Only eat until you are 80% full. Leave room for the last few mouthfuls to
19. Make sure your fibre intake is a minimum of 24g a day.
20. Compliment people when you have the opportunity, it not only makes them
feel better, it will make you feel better too!
21. Many small changes make a big difference, so put as many of these
simple steps in to action as you possibly can.