As community groups are taking measures to diminish the spread of the coronavirus, La Trinidad UMC is prioritizing the health of all in our pastoral care, urging our community to be informed and follow the precautions being recommended to our citizens, especially the elderly and those most at risk.
La Trinidad UMC will be taking the following steps in an attempt to reduce the risk of transmission:
1. Offering both worship and giving through online media for those who choose to remain at home. Those viewing online are asked to email the church office / pastors to register online attendance and stay in touch about status.
2. Temporary suspension of mass greetings in the order of service such as passing the peace. Pastors will remain at the chancel after worship for prayer concerns and other needs rather than greeting everyone at the door. Discouraging modes of greeting involving physical contact.
3. Temporary suspension of the breakfast ministry. Other food-related events may also be modified or suspended.
4. Encouraging hand-washing for 20 seconds before and after services and enhanced hygienic practices especially in the kitchen area. Hand-sanitizers are placed throughout facility.
5. Sanitizing surfaces throughout church facility.
6. Communion, when offered, will be served in individual cups.
7. Encouraging all persons to seek medical attention and avoid casual social interaction if experiencing symptoms, being mindful that viruses spread through contact, coughing, sneezing, and contamination.
Please stay tuned to the Mensajero Email and to our Facebook Page for updates. Additional steps may become necessary in the near future. Your prayers and faithful stewardship of these measures are much appreciated and will contribute to the wellness of our church family and community at large.
With love and care,
Rev. John Feagins
Received this my mistake? If you do not want to receive e-mail with news and information from La Trinidad UMC, please use the links below to remove yourself from the mailing list.