Copy
Sustainability quick wins, news, and notes from ecoPreserve.
View this email in your browser
SHARING SUSTAINABILITY
January 30, 2018
The aviation industry has committed to reducing its carbon footprint. That's 2% of worldwide carbon emissions. What about the other 98%?
Sustainability Best Practices

One small step, helping an industry erase its carbon footprint

Facilities Plus

Two certifications for better buildings

Community

What are cities doing about CO2?

Smart Workplace

Quick wins for the break room and beyond

The online poll we posted in December asked readers what they recycle at work. Printer paper was included in over 85% of responses. Cardboard, file folders, and bottles are also recycled at most workplaces.Several other materials were less-frequently recycled: CFL and fluorescent light bulbs (42%), batteries (42%), glass, shipping materials, and printer cartridges (all greater than 28%), plus plastic bags and electronics (about 15%).
This month, we are asking which water-saving features are found at your workplace. Please take a minute to answer the two multi-choice questions. We'll report the results in February. 
News & Notes
Orange County, Florida has posted its goals and strategies for a sustainabile, livable community. The Home For Life website includes a downloadable Plan with goals and strategies that extend through 2040. 
Earlier this month, an international conference and exposition on smart cities brought together thought leaders from around the globe. Presentations highlighted technology advances and provided lessons learned in transitioning to smart cities.
A panel discussion explored ways that smart cities data furthers climate action and sustainability goals. Three of the panel's presenters were Charles Ramdatt, (City of Orlando), panel moderator Mital Shah Hall and Alexa Stone (both from ecoPreserve).
  • Meetings
  • Conferences
  • Special events
Copyright © 2018 ecoPreserve - Building Sustainability, All rights reserved.