This Week at Southminster
March 23-, 2020
Monday: 6:00 pm Called Session Meeting on Zoom
Sunday: 9:00 am Telos Worship on Zoom
Daily Readings - Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Prayer Requests from Sunday, March 22nd
John Roberts made a quick trip to Southern Hills ER this afternoon with A-fib symptoms. It was determined he is in A-fib but was sent home to call his Cardiologist. The ER is keeping guard against exposure to COVID-19 in their ER (in this case). He is home and Nancy reports he is doing okay.
Stephanie Marlin (former member ) has returned home from Guatemala. She was down there on a pleasure trip alone and was stranded.
Continued prayers for the Graham family. The service for Dr. Thomas Graham (Brent's father) will be held at a later date. His obit is in today's Tennessean.
Continued prayers for those affected by the recent tornadoes in our area. Much renovations has been postponed due to the weather while these displaced people are still struggling.
Prayers for our Session as they meet Monday evening concerning worship services or the lack thereof beyond the end of this month.
Prayers for our Country, our Leaders and our World as we navigate these uncertain times. Practice "social distancing", carry out, hand washing and PATIENCE!
We will be trying a different, more widely inclusive format for a Zoom gathering this week. Anyone from the Presbytery
– pastors, ruling elders, members, church staff – who would like to check-in with Robin and Ray and with one another around Middle Tennessee is invited to sign-in to a Zoom meeting on Wednesday, March 25, 3-4 PM.
The Zoom link is: https://zoom.us/j/778636748
- The PC(USA) website continues to provide COVID-19 resources for church leaders and members.
- The PC(USA) Store also shares some helpful links and resources.
- Robert Hay, Jr., our Ministry Relations Officer for the Presbyterian Foundation wrote an article, Stewardship in a Pandemic, about how churches may think about stewardship during this time.
Telos will have a another Zoom service this Sunday at 9 a.m.
Here's the link:
Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/874829535
Spend some time with Pastor Beth!
Tune into Live Video Talks on Facebook at:
Daily at 11:00 a.m.
Pastor Evelyn will be adding NEW posts regularly to Facebook. Check in regularly.
Richard C. Hollis Memorial Scholarship
Kathryn C. Hollis, his wife, Richard C. Hollis, III, his son, and Betty Sue Minton, his daughter established the Richard C. Hollis, Jr, Scholarship in his memory. Richard Hollis’ extended family has a long history of supporting continuing education by establishing scholarship programs in Tennessee, primarily in his hometown area of Lawrence County. Richard had been a member of Southminster Presbyterian Church since 1963.
The Richard C. Hollis Memorial Scholarship has been awarded to a member of Southminster Church who is attending or plans to attend a post high school program for many years.
Who is eligible?
- Any active member of Southminster Presbyterian Church who has been accepted to attend an institution of higher education.
- Any active member of Southminster Presbyterian Church who is currently pursuing higher education.
- Any age of student who is or will be pursuing higher education.
- Any students who have not previously been awarded this scholarship, even if they have applied in past years.
Applications are available for the 2020 Scholarship at this time.
The deadline for return of applications and supporting documents is Wednesday, April 15.
See Annette Hendrix for an application and return it to Debi in the church office.
This fund has grown yearly since its inception.
If you wish to contribute to this ongoing, worthwhile fund, designate donations as: “Richard C. Hollis"
Rev. Evelyn Graham – Pastor, Southminster
Rev. Beth Smith McCaw- Pastor, Telos at Southminster