Pacific Whale Foundation invites you to enter our Tidal Trash Treasures Art Contest. You can help keep Maui's beaches and parks clean and beautiful, and at the same time show off your artistic talent. Enter as a group or an individual for a chance to win great prizes. All entries will be displayed at World Whale Day in Kalama Park.
WHO: School groups and individuals
WHAT: Marine Debris Art Contest and Beach Cleanup
WHEN: February 18, 2017
WHERE: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form with additional details
WHY: Help cleanup a beach and share your artistic abilities, while raising awareness on marine debris
THEME: Healthy Oceans, Healthy Marine Life
- The "fee" to enter will be 25 littered cigarette butts removed from a beach park of public area.
- All entries must be original works made from marine debris collected by participants on their own beach clean-ups.
- The use of additional structural supports or adhesives is allowed (mesh, nails, rope, twine), but the bulk of your artwork must be marine debris items.
- Each entry must include the artist or school group name, clean-up location, distance cleaned, and total items removed.
- Judging will be based on adherence to project theme, creativity, originality, and minimal use of non-debris items.