Updates on Subscribed Resources
🆕 Academic Video Online has 900+ videos in business. The majority were released in the last 10 years and published by Bloomberg L.P. Use the filter to explore what interests you!
China now has the most number of companies represented in the latest Fortune's 2020 Global 500 list: 124, more than the 121 U.S. companies. Also, this means it has more companies on the list than Britain, France, Germany combined – 80 companies. The Global 500 is a ranking of the largest corporations worldwide. Access the Aug/Sep issue via Business Source Complete.
You might have read the news that Google is supporting Black business owners by allowing this business label to be added to their listings. PrivCo has also introduced new keywords in their Advanced Search:
- Minority-led – 1,100+ results
- Women-led – 10,000+ results
- LGBTQ-led – 250+ results
- Family-owned – 600+ results
- B Corporation – 290+ results
It’s a work-in-progress: there are about 99 results from Connecticut.
Remember: PrivCo captures US private companies that have at least $1m in revenue or funding, so it is not an exhaustive list.
PrivCo also teamed up with Inc. to create a list of the 1,000 biggest and brightest American companies that have stayed private. Three companies from Connecticut make the list:
- Butterfly Network, operates in the health care products industry (Guilford)
- Rhone Apparel, produces and sells men's activewear (Stamford)
- Thames Valley Alternative Relief, operates as a retailer of marijuana (Uncasville)
The COVID-19 coverage – many of our market research databases have a dedicated section or category on the pandemic: