CMCA has much to celebrate as we begin this New Year. We are so grateful to the artists, members, supporters, and donors who have given so generously of their time, talent, and money to be a part of our history and to help shape our future.
At the start of another year brimming with possibilities, I'd like to share our core values with you.
- that exposure to and education in the arts leads to a more humane and interconnected world.
- that art is a dialogue of the mind and that engaging in the arts contributes to a better understanding of one's self and of others.
- that visual literacy, critical thinking, and creativity are essential cognitive skills and should be taught as such.
- that increasing visual awareness leads to a greater awareness of the beauty of the world, and of one's role as a steward of the earth.
- that transparency, integrity, and inclusion provide the foundation for our work.
- that, in the words of poet Mary Oliver, "those who are the world's working artists are not trying to help the world go around, but forward."
At CMCA, we Look Forward with optimism, hope, and always, a belief in the uplifting power of art.