Why not use the valuable Christmas time off to bake with the family? Get the kids involved make some ginger bread men for a festive treat!
You will need:
- 50g/8oz Cream Plain Flour
- 75g/3oz Butter, softened
- 75g/3oz Light Muscovado Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 50g/2oz Golden Syrup
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Gingerbread Man Cutter
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add bicarbonate of soda, golden syrup and egg yolk and stir well.
- Sift the flour and spices into the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Shape into a ball and knead lightly on a work surface until smooth.
- Wrap and chill for about 30 minutes before using.
- Thinly roll out dough and use gingerbread cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets, leaving a space between each.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour.
- Transfer to a wire tray to cool.