LAKE CLOSURE ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE
A committee was formed late last year as news of the lake drainage became a reality. The committee has been hard at work researching solid options for rowing, fitness, and group activities to stay connected while diversifying our off-the-water fitness. Some of the ideas being considered are erg classes, yoga sessions, hikes, and rowing weekends at alternative locales. More information will follow as the specifics are in place. One immediate opportunity is the San Diego Masters ‘Go Faster’ Rowing Camp, Saturday February 13- Monday, February 15.
Camp Overview & Goals:
- Technique - what is your signature correction for maximum speed? Choose and use your key focal points.
- Learn to love the Erg - it can be your best friend
- Racing-winning by six inches; why race psychology and race plans can maximize your performance
- Understanding your rigging; or how to use foam to make your club boats work for you
- Physiology- using science to maximize your training and your recovery