Dear Conscious Readers,
I guess you now pretty much know the deal, this is week 8 of the Zero Waste Switch Challenge, 2 more to go and we're done kickstarting our journey to a greener life.
This week, I'm gonna talk about staying zero waste while on the go.
For those of you who just joined us. WELCOME! You'll find a recap of the last few weeks' challenges at the end of this email.
ZWswitchallenge #8 - Prepare a to-go bag
Packing has been quite a bit of a challenge (it always is for me), and figuring out what to bring for my 6-weeks trip to Europe in order to produce as less waste as possible was... interesting.
Luckily, I'm pretty proud to say that I now master the art of packing a to-go bag, so I just needed to figure out which goodies to put into my jars and boxes.
The picture above is the one of my usual to-go bag. It usually contains:
- a 16 oz mason jar with a sleeve with a drink top (I wish I got the stainless steel one in the first place) for tea
- a bamboo utensil set (knife, fork, spoon, chopsticks)
- a 24 oz mason jar for juices
- stainless steel straws (regular for juice and wide for bubble tea)
- stainless steel chopsticks
- a stainless steel box where I can put leftovers if I go to a restaurant
- a cloth bag for cookies or pastries
- a cloth napkin
The only thing I changed for this trip is switching the stainless steel chopsticks with the bamboo utensils kit (lighter and more versatile), removing the 24 oz mason jar (the 16 0z one is enough) and getting a tiffin instead of the box pictured, which does not close safely enough for a trip such as this one and, of course, adding my water bottle.
What's about you? What's the one item you never leave your house without? Show it to me by using the #ZWswitchallenge on social media.
See you next week!
- Week 1: Switch to a reusable bag
- Week 2: Make your own toothpaste
- Week 3: Bring a cloth napkin everywhere
- Week 4: Make your own non-toxic cleaning products
- Week 5: Bring a mug everywhere
- Week 6: Switch to a menstrual cup/safety razor
- Week 7: Make your own nut milk
If you want to invite your friends, please do so. The more we are, the merrier! Each individual challenge can be achieved on its own, so anyone can enter the challenge at any time, there’s no need to start from the beginning.