Enjoying Halloween Safely
We all have to do Halloween a little bit differently this year to be safe. Coronavirus levels are rising in Reading and we need to ensure we do everything possible not to spread the virus.
This year, please avoid traditional trick-or-treating. Here are a few ideas for alternative ways to make Halloween fun:
- Carve or decorate pumpkins with members of your household.
- Decorate your house, apartment or living space with fun or spooky decorations.
- Admire Halloween decorations at a distance – why not do a local Halloween scavenger hunt. Give kids lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while they walk outdoors. Reward your kids with your own sweets.
- Try a scavenger-hunt-style candy search with your household members in or around your home rather than going trick or treating at neighbours’ houses.
- Have a virtual Halloween costume contest.
- Host a Halloween movie night with people you live with.
Reading Museum is open again and they have some great Halloween activities on offer for all the family in a Covid safe environment.
Please celebrate Halloween safely this October.