ALMOND FLOUR BREAD
Prep Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 45 minutes
Yield - 1 loaf
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil for greasing pans
1. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt,
and baking soda.
2. In a separate, medium bowl, whisk the eggs,
then add honey, and vinegar.
3. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
4. Scoop the batter into a well-greased loaf
5. Bake at 300° for 45-60** minutes until a
inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool, remove from pan and slice.
* To make this vegan OR if you've run out of eggs, you can use "flax eggs" instead.
To make a flax egg, mix one tablespoon ground flaxseed meal with three tablespoons of water. Mix together, and let sit in your fridge for 15 minutes to set up and thicken. It's that easy. You could leave it up to 30 minutes if you want.
**Start checking the loaf at 45 minutes. You want the bread to be fully cooked through or it will be too crumbly.
To store this bread, let it cool completely, remove it from the loaf pan, wrap it in a paper towel, seal it in a plastic bag, and refrigerate it for up to 1 week. Can also be frozen.
If you have almond meal that you have left-over from when you made almond milk OR almond meal that you have purchased (instead of almond flour,) grind it up in your food processor until it is fine, like flour.
This is really tasty toasted and topped with almond-butter!