PBAC Summer News & Announcements
- Alumni Band Day 2016 is set for Saturday, October 8, for the Pitt vs. Georgia Tech homecoming football game. Save the date and look forward to more details!
- We'd like to thank our donors who support PBAC and Pitt Band endeavors, listed below.
- The PBAC executive committee has endorsed the following slate of officers for the 2016-2018 term. Reply to this email to affirm the slate.
- Thanks to all the alumni, friends, and businesses who supported our second annual Scholarship Fundraiser event at Church Brew Works in May. For more alumni news, read the letter from PBAC President, Adam Warble.
- If you'd like to join fellow band alumni on a trip to the Pitt vs. Clemson game in November, please click here for a flyer with information on reserving your spot. Contact Peg Anderson for details at Peg@Tzelluta.com.
Please read below for more details.
||Jerome C. Molitor
||Donald D. Dunlap Jr.
|Richard M. Baker
||John S. Pettus
||James Provenzano Jr.
|Erica Alderdice Birkner
||Bernard F. Haberman
||Elmer H. Hoff Jr.
||Herbert S. Soltman
||Mary Jane Hoff
||Susan Uselman Simms
|Francis A. Bondarenka
||David Harlan Singleton
||Kenneth V. Lenchner
||Dr. Brad Townsend
|Carrie M. Collins
||Jo E. Lynn
|Homer Henry Collins
|Sara Farley Cupp
||Harold L. McHail
||Cynthia Z. Willoughby
|Beverly Baxter Cwalina
||Mark D. Willoughby
|Brian D. Dahm
|Julia J. Dahm
||Kathryn S. Zini
President – Adam Warble, CAS 2008
Adam played trumpet in the marching band, concert band, and pep band from 2003 through 2008 and served as a squad leader, trumpet section leader, and a herald trumpet. After graduating with his bachelor degree from the University of Pittsburgh, he then earned his music education certification at Carnegie Mellon University. Currently, Adam is an elementary general music and choral teacher for grades 1-6 in the Riverside Beaver County School District as well as the assistant high school marching band director and assistant director for the high school musical. Adam is also very active as a performer on the Great Highland Bagpipe and plays the Caribbean Steel Drums with Jimmy Buffett Impersonator, Tom Watt the Buffettman. He also is the founder, coordinator, and director of the Pitt Band Alumni Herald Trumpets and served as the Vice-President of PBAC from 2010-2014. Currently, Adam serves as the President of PBAC from 2014 to present.
Vice President – Justin Kibler, ENGR 2011
Justin played trumpet in the marching band and pep band from 2007 through 2011, having served as squad leader and trumpet section leader. He now works as a Signalling and Project Engineer at Ansaldo STS USA (former Union Switch and Signal). He will earn his MBA at Pitt's KATZ Graduate School of Business at the end of the Summer 2016 semester. He has served as the Vice-President of PBAC since 2014.
Treasurer – Timothy Parenti, ENGR 2010
Tim played trumpet in the marching band, symphonic band, and pep band from 2006 through 2010 and served as squad leader from 2008 through 2010. He is currently a software engineer for the Integrative Design, Arts and Technology Network at Carnegie Mellon University, and has served as the Treasurer of PBAC since 2012.
Candy played piccolo in the marching band from 2005 to 2010. She served as Squad Leader for the 2007-2008 season and Section Leader from 2008 through 2010. Since graduating from Pitt, Candy has also devoted her time to the Pitt Band Alumni Staff. As a staff member she is part of the Video Crew, and will be taking on more General Operations responsibilities for the upcoming 2016-2017 season. Candy currently works as a Deposit Services Analyst at the Bank of New York Mellon in downtown Pittsburgh.
Secretary – Candy Vernille, A&S 2010
On behalf of the executive board of the Pitt Band Alumni Council, our Pitt Band Staff, and the students of the Pitt Bands (Varsity, Basketball, and Symphonic Bands), I’d like to thank all of our alumni for your generous support of the many 2015-2016 Pitt Band events and initiatives! This has been a very busy year and your donations of time and money have allowed us to serve our student band members and alumni membership in so many ways. These are just a few of the ways in which your help has allowed the Pitt Band Family to prosper:
We look forward to next year, especially all of the ways that we can continue to help the Pitt Band student members and alumni. Please plan on joining us for the 2016 Alumni Band Day on Saturday, October 8, 2016 vs Georgia Tech @ Heinz Field. This is also Homecoming Weekend, so look forward to more information on all the events going on that weekend. Thank you again for all of your support and generosity! We hope to see you at one of our many events scheduled for the coming 2016-2017 Pitt Band season.
- Brand new piccolos for the entire Flute Line, as generously provided by Mr. Roger Glunt and Mr. Harold McHail
- Treat Bags for the annual Pitt Band Send-Off to band camp at Pitt-Bradford
- Four student scholarship awards earned by worthy Sophomore Pitt Band Members, including:
- 3 Book scholarships
- Megan Delligatti, Golden Girl
- Kerry Iles, Clarinet
- Emily Mitchell, Color Guard
- The 2016 Annual Pitt Band Alumni Scholarship Winner ($1,000 annually)
- Alicia Sigmon, Drumline/Cymbals
- Our Annual Alumni Band Day & Tailgate on Saturday, October 10, 2015 (over 125 participants this year)
- Providing pizza for Pitt Band seniors at the end of the band season to congratulate them on a job well done
- Numerous scholarships awarded to Symphonic Band members during the Annual Spring Gala Concert
- The Annual Reception following the Spring Gala Concert on Sunday, April 10, 2016
- Awarded the Continuous Outstanding Service to the Pitt Band Award to deserving alums Brian and Julia Dahm for their service as Past-President of the PBAC and Communications Chair
- Raised over $500 for the PBAC Scholarship Endowed Fund
- Recognized 2015-2016 Scholarship Winners at the Church Brew Works during our 2nd Annual Scholarship Recognition and Fundraising Event on Sunday, May 22, 2016
Hail to Pitt!