- June 14: Free Damon Foreman Concert at Brookside Gardens. Blues and funk. 6:30-8 on the Visitors Center Lawn.
– June 16: American Roots Music Concert at U.S. Botanic Garden with Dave Chappell. Details.
- June 18: Brookland Community Picnic - food, music and fun - at the Franciscan Monastery (in the meadows below the greenhouse). The Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild (FMGG) will provide tours of the greenhouse, urban farm and honeybee apiaries. FREE. Noon - 4 pm.
– June 21 Free Ocho de Bastos Concert at Brookside Gardens. Latin rock. 6:30-8 pm on the Visitors Center Lawn.
– June 21 Native Bees in Your Garden talk at Brookside Gardens by Join Sam Droege, who collects and photographs the thousands of native bee species that thrive locally and around the nation. He’ll show you how to welcome them to your property. 10-11:30 am. Register here.
– June 24: Pollinator Party at the U.S. Botanic Garden. Noon. Details.
– June 24: Concert of Songs and Dances of the Pua of Hawai’i, 11:30 a.m. Details.
– June 26: Daylily Show and Sale by the National Capital Daylily Club at Brookside Gardens. Noon-5 pm.
– June 28: Free U-Liners Concert at Brookside Gardens. Americana and roots rock. 6:30-8 pm on the Visitors Center Lawn.
– June 28: FREE Concert in the Garden at Green Springs Gardens with The Fender Benders. Bring a picnic dinner or enjoy a prepared dinner from the Good Grubbin’ food truck. Complimentary cake and lemonade will be provided by FROGS. Rain or shine. 6-8 pm.
Regional Garden in June (part of the U.S. Botanic Garden's National Garden)
– Mondays in June: Tours of the National Garden at the U.S. Botanic Garden. Details.
– Tuesdays in June: Afternoon in the Garden Tour at the U.S. Botanic Garden. Details.
– Thursdays in June: Noon-time Stroll through the U.S. Botanic Garden’s National Garden. Details.
- Every Tuesday-Saturday through June 26 at 10:30 and 12:30: Hillwood Garden Tours.Details here.
On-Going Through the Summer
- Every Friday through September 2: Jazz in the Gardenin the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. FREE.
- Every Saturday through September, Garden Tours at the Franciscan Monastery. 11 a.m. and noon. Details here.
- Through October 23: "Flora in the National Parks" displays winning artwork of indigenous plants in parks across the U.S. Celebrating the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service. Here's the story.
- Through Nov 2: Learn Art in the Garden at Tudor Place. Beginning and advanced artists alike are invited to join Director of Gardens and Grounds and professional botanical artist Kellie Cox, to explore a variety of subjects, media, and locations in the historic garden. Attend single classes or all eight. Register here.
- Through October 2: Exhibit Flourish: Inside and Out at the U.S. Botanic Garden.The indoor and outdoor exhibit, developed with the Chicago Botanic Garden, showcases the proven human-health benefits of interacting with nature. Full details here.
– Through October: Weekly Tours of the Smithsonian Gardens. Separate tours for the Enid Haupt Garden, Ripley Garden, Heritage Garden, Victory Garden and Naive American Garden .Full schedule and details here.