Dear Parents & Caregivers
Kia ora whanau ma
End of Year Events:
1. Assembly to Farewell Mrs. Kewene-Edwards 11.45, Friday the 11th of December, School Hall. Current pupils, former pupils, parents and community members welcome. Kai to follow for visitors and guests. If anyone wishes to book a speaking slot please let Sara know email@example.com
2. Staff Farewell to Whaea Maria, 3.30 Monday 14th of December, staffroom. Former staff are welcome to attend, RSVP to the office.
3. Poroporoaki Te Roopu Manaaki Year 6+ Tamariki, Monday the 14th December at 5.30 venue tbc, bring a plate.
4. Pot Luck Year 6 Whanau, 5.30 Tuesday 15 December, school hall for departing year 6+ pupils and their families.
5. Final Assembly and Prizegiving, 11.30am, Tuesday the 15th of December followed by PTA supplied sausage sizzle. Please note that due to the large number of students leaving this year - over 50 - this assembly will be restricted to year 4 - 6 pupils, and parents and close whanau of those leaving, and whanau of other prize recipients. The hall is not big enough to take all-comers this year, hence the special assembly the Friday prior. If the day turns out to be a stunner, we may hold this assembly outdoors but we are planning for an indoor ceremony.
6. Talent Quest, 9.30, school hall, Wednesday 16th of December. This is an annual event. Three acts are chosen from each class to perform in this fun morning. There is no competition, just a display of talent and aspiring talent… Please, no dramas! We discourage children and parents from taking this too seriously. It is meant to be fun. Children are allowed to go home at lunchtime this day.
Other points to note:
End of Year Reports are handed out after the final assembly, and after school that day and the next. Uncollected reports are posted.
Visiting Classrooms for Next Year happens on the Tuesday afternoon of the final week. If parents have concerns about where their child is placed for next year I recommend leaving that discussion until everyone has had a break - make an appointment for mid to late January to discuss with me.
The School Office will remain open on Wednesday the 16th then will reopen Monday the 18th of January 2021.